Business Excellence Lead
To lead assigned modules/ small to medium projects for Group Business Excellence in collaboration with ATG leadership, conduct diagnostics/workshops and partner to achieve project deliverables and continuous improvement of processes to facilitate achievement of business and financial growth.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
Resource Management Roles and Responsibilities
· Monitor the financial performance of a given area of activity versus budgets so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly.
· Contribute to the development and management of rare value added expertise and centres of excellence for assigned area within Group Business Excellence ensuring alignment with the business units.
· Guide, mentor, coach and motivate team members to ensure effective knowledge sharing and to support continuous talent growth and capability development.
· Assist management in the talent development initiatives for the assigned teams, collaborating with functional experts.
Functional Roles and Responsibilities
Operating Model & Governance
· Provide inputs and implement policies, systems and procedures across assigned team within ATG so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled in alignment with the operating model.
· Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on matters related to Group Business Excellence area in order to facilitate flow of information, alignment and build awareness.
Change Management & Sustainability
· Lead the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and sustainability of systems, processes and practices taking into account global best standards, productivity improvement and cost reduction.
· Act as a project manager for assigned Group Business Excellence projects/ modules in order to facilitate the successful achievement of project deliverables in line with defined parameters ensuring effective collaboration with all related stakeholders.
· Together with the Group Business Excellence Manager and ATG leadership, contribute to the development and implementation of methodologies, frameworks, strategies, policies and plans that support the culture of business excellence in line with ATG’s vision.
· Update the database of all related business excellence documentation, processes etc. in line with ATG policies and procedures.
Communication and Networking
· Together with the Group Business Excellence Manager, establish relationships with key stakeholders to promote business excellence initiatives and achieve buying in for new business cases presented to develop the pipelines and drive overall operational efficiency initiatives.
· Contribute to the continuous process enhancement including design, implementation, review and improvement, in order to ensure control over operational activities.
· Contribute to the execution of the lean methodology concepts and quality assurance standards for assigned functions, ensuring that the integrated management systems and protocols are in place.
Develop all related reports and statements in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner, and meet business and functional requirements and standards.
Education/Certification and Continued Education
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Statistics or equivalent.
· Masters’ degree in Business Administration, preferred
Certification in lean manufacturing/ Six Sigma
Years of Experience
Minimum of 6-8 years’ experience in operations management within a retail organisation, including 3 years in a team leadership role in a similar environment or a management consulting firm with expertise in retail management, preferably in the region.
Knowledge and Skills
· Knowledge of all facets of Business Excellence including strategy processes, business performance management, improvement methodologies, change management, process management, and business assessment
· Knowledge of quality / productivity tools and techniques (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints etc.)
· Knowledge of project management processes, methodologies, tools and techniques.<br />
· Requires in-depth knowledge of the business or region supported as well as the organisation’s business strategies and goals.
· Awareness of global policies/ priorities critical to the organisation’s strategic planning process
· Knowledge of feasibility study preparation and economic/ financial analysis
· Project management
· Ability to work manage large data sets and drive associated analytics
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and to produce high quality products on time
· Strong communication, decision making, problem solving, analytical and negotiation skills
· Strong business acumen
· Strong internal and external stakeholder management skills
· Excellent customer orientation
· Strong understanding of regional market
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Proficiency in English
· Required to commute across regions within the UAE
· Might need to travel outside the UAE as and when required